Welcome to Navitat!
A totally unique — and totally fun! — tree-based adventure park, proudly located at Ijams Nature Center.
A tree-based adventure park? What’s that?
New to the United States, aerial adventure parks have been popular in Europe for a number of years. Adventure parks typically consist of a series of pole-based structures connected by different “challenge elements” and, sometimes, ziplines.
At Navitat, we’ve taken the very best components of the self-guided aerial adventure park model and built it in and among the trees! When you visit Navitat Knoxville, you’ll find something truly spectacular and unique — an adventure you’ll want to experience over and over again, and one you’ll rave about for years to come!
What to expect:
- Begin your adventure at the Navitat welcome desk inside the Ijams Visitor Center. After check-in, you’ll walk a short distance to Navitat’s Adventure Outpost. Here, our highly trained and friendly staff will outfit you with all the necessary equipment for your time in the trees.
- During your Safety Briefing, you’ll learn how to use your equipment and about the adventure park elements.
- Next, you’ll take a short walk in the woods to the Treehouse, our central platform from which all six adventure trails begin. Our Adventure Crew members will help you select a beginner or moderate trail to start with, and then you’re off – zipping, climbing, and conquering elements as you go!
- Each adventure trail consists of 10 to 12 challenge elements connecting you from tree to tree to tree… you’ll exit the course by zipline, a downward climb on a net, or an easy, controlled descent using equipment that lowers you to the ground.
- Once you finish an adventure trail, it’s back to the Treehouse to choose your next adventure or try the same trail again to become a real master – your choice!