CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 SEASON - Season begins March 3, 2017
All candidates must share our philosophy of sustainable practices, and our focus on excellence and safety. Applicants must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and good communication skills.Current Opening:
CANOPY GUIDE FOR CANOPY TOUR FACILITATION Canopy Guides provide customer service, instruct and lead participant groups on the canopy tour.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests of Navitat Canopy Adventures
- Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with Navitat Canopy Adventures safety standards
- Adheres to all policies and procedures set by Navitat Canopy Adventures
- Supervises the progress of an assigned participant group in conjunction with another guide
- Provides a narrative for canopy tour guests about local ecology and history
- Completes an inspection of all course components and of all course gear daily
- Fits harnesses and helmets correctly and supervises the use of all personal safety equipment
- Conducts participant orientation and pre-screening
- Assists with course and site maintenance efforts as needed
- Attends ongoing training throughout the season
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred
- Has a strong understanding of local ecology and history
- Must pass initial guide training
- Must pass a monthly skills assessment
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Wilderness First Responder preferred
- Must have strong risk management experience
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
- Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment
- Speaks fluent English and uses cordial manners
Physical abilities required:
- Must have ability to perform work at height
- Must be able to perform all technical rescue associated with the canopy tour
- Full range of overhead arm motions to pull two people along cable
- This position may require walking and standing for long period of times in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to speak in front of large groups effectively
***ASSISTANT CANOPY GUIDE POSITION DETAILS*** The Assistant Canopy Guide position is a unique employment opportunity that comes with unique considerations. Please review the following information carefully to determine if this position will fit your needs.
Note: There are two Canopy Guide positions available at Navitat; the Assistant Canopy Guide position, and the Lead Canopy Guide position. All new Canopy Guides begin their employment in the Assistant Canopy Guide position.
Work Schedule: * Canopy Guides are classified as seasonal employees. Navitat’s season will begin March 3, 2017 and end November 30, 2017. Thanksgiving Day is the only day Navitat is closed to the public during the season. * All Canopy Guides will be required to sign a seasonal hiring agreement prior to beginning work. * Canopy guiding is a physically demanding position. Due to the nature of this industry guides may be required to work long hours and irregular shifts in all weather conditions. * Working outdoors with the general public requires the ability to adjust quickly to any situation, all while managing risk and providing excellent customer service. * Guides are expected to work most Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays all season. * Navitat makes no guarantee regarding the number of tours a guide will receive. Tour quantity in a given week fluctuates based on the number of guests. * Scheduling priority is determined by both employee availability and performance * Canopy Guides may be placed on a standby or on-call schedule. * The final work schedule for each day will be emailed the previous afternoon. * Weekend and holidays are Navitat’s busiest times. Potential guides should anticipate working weekends and holidays.
Training: * Initial Assistant Canopy Guide training for new employees is an intensive 7 day training. * Assistant Canopy Guides are required to attend the entire length of the training in order to be eligible for employment. * Initial training will require trainees to learn to deliver a high-quality educational experience, manage risk, master the use of canopy tour equipment, perform timed high-angle rescues, and provide excellent customer service to all guests. * Assistant Canopy Guides must pass both written and practical tests with an 80% or better to successfully complete the training. * Canopy Guides will be required to attend and document ongoing trainings throughout the season.
Wages and Benefits: * Guiding wages are earned by the tour. * Performance-based raises are possible. * A discretionary performance bonus is possible for qualified guides.
Uniform and Gear: * Navitat will provide guides with personal protective equipment (harness, helmets, gloves, radios, etc.). * Staff uniforms, including outerwear, will be provided by Navitat at the guide’s expense. * All guides are required to maintain excellent hygiene and maintain a professional appearance.
_ _ _
Ready to apply?
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR CURRENT RESUME, REFERENCES, AND A LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EMAIL TO: email@example.com
PLEASE DO NOT CALL - WE WILL CONTACT YOU VIA PHONE OR EMAIL AFTER REVIEWING YOUR RESUME
Sales & Customer Service Team
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 SEASON
Navitat Canopy Adventures, western North Carolina’s premier zipline canopy tour company, is actively seeking enthusiastic, hard-working, customer service-oriented people to join our Sales and Customer Service Team. Positions available are part to full-time from March through November; hours depend largely on advanced guest bookings.
Qualified candidates will have the skills and desire to:
• Provide excellent customer service to all Navitat guests and potential guests, whether by phone, email, or in-person
• Represent the Navitat brand by playing an active role in helping to thrill, educate, and inspire our guests
• Work in an environment where multi-tasking is mandatory and efficiency is prized, all while maintaining a positive attitude
Sales and Customer Service Team members will:
• Work in Navitat’s Central Reservations Office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls
- Providing information to and answering questions for potential guests
- Actively and persuasively selling Navitat adventures to callers, and facilitating the reservation process
• Work in the Navitat Asheville retail and guest reception area. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests and checking them in for their scheduled tours
- Ensuring all guests meet Navitat’s participant requirements (the ability to gracefully handle situations where guests do not meet participant requirements is a must!)
- Operating Point of Sale (retail) and photo sales systems to help guests quickly make purchases
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of all guest areas, including the retail gift shop, check-in areas, and restrooms
Applicants with experience in customer service, sales, and/or reservations will be given priority. Reliable transportation and a flexible schedule are required. Navitat is located 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville in Barnardsville, NC. We are open 7-days-a–week, typically from 8am until 8pm.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and list of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org