Assistant Canopy Guide
Thank you for your interest in Navitat Canopy Adventures.
The Assistant Canopy Guide position is a unique employment opportunity that comes with unique considerations. Please review the following information carefully to determine if this position will fit your needs.
Note: There are two Canopy Guide positions available at Navitat; the Assistant Canopy Guide position, and the Lead Canopy Guide position. All Canopy Guides start in the Assistant Canopy Guide position.
• The Canopy Guide position is a seasonal job. Start times may vary, however, Navitat will close on December 1st, 2013.
• Due to the nature of this industry guides may be required to work long hours and irregular shifts in all weather conditions.
• Guides must be available to work weekends and holidays.
• Guides are required to have a valid email address and daily access to email
• Navitat makes no guarantee regarding the amount of hours a guide will receive. Hours fluctuate based on the number of guests.
• Working outdoors with the general public requires the ability to adjust quickly to any situation, all while managing risk and providing excellent customer service.
• Canopy guides may be placed on a standby or on-call basis.
• All Canopy Guides will be required to sign a seasonal hiring contract prior to starting work.
• Assistant Canopy Guide training is a seven day, ten hour a day commitment
• Assistant Canopy Guides are required to attend the entire length of the training in order to be eligible for employment
• Assistant Canopy Guides must pass both written and practical tests with an 80% or better to successfully complete the training
• Trainees will be paid minimum wage during training
• Initial training will require trainees to deliver a high-quality educational experience, manage risk, master the use of canopy tour equipment, perform timed high-angle rescues, and provide excellent customer service to all guests
• Canopy Guides will be required to attend and document ongoing trainings throughout the season
• Canopy Guides will be required to demonstrate physical fitness in order to managing risk as required
Wages and Benefits: • Starting wages after training begin at $10.50 per hour with the possibility of performance-based raises
• A performance bonus is possible for qualified guides
• A health care debit card is available for qualified guides working a minimum of 10 hours per week
Uniform and Gear:
• Navitat will provide guides with personal protective equipment (harness, helmets, radios, etc.)
• Guides are required to purchase leather gloves, staff shirts, and staff outerwear, provided by Navitat.
• All guides are required to maintain excellent hygiene and maintain a professional appearance
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR CURRENT RESUME, REFERENCES, AND A LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT CALL -
WE WILL CONTACT YOU VIA PHONE OR EMAIL AFTER REVIEWING YOUR RESUME.