There’s a reason Navitat chose Asheville, NC as our home. Simply put, it’s an awesome place to visit and to live (and to go ziplining through the trees). We love it here, and we know you’ll dig it, too. With so many places to see and things to do, you might get a little overwhelmed when planning your visit. So, to help out a bit as you’re narrowing down your choices, we thought we’d take just a moment to state our case. So, without further ado, just a few reasons:
Why Navitat’s Zip Line Canopy Tour is One of the Best Things to Do When You Visit Asheville, NC
1) You love trees. Maybe you don’t yet realize how much, but we’ll help remind you, because we love trees, too. Most of us have fond childhood memories of climbing trees, and building tree houses or tree forts. At Navitat, we take you on an adventure through the treetops that will harken back to those carefree days… and yet it will totally blow those memories out of the water. We promise. With some of the longest and highest zip lines in the Southeast, (and beyond) our totally tree-based adventure will deliver big time thrills while also making a genuine “tree-hugger” out of you.
2) You came for awesome views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Part of the draw to Asheville is, of course, our beautiful mountain scenery. Be sure to drive at least a small section of the Blue Ridge Parkway while you’re in the area, and then when zipping at Navitat you’ll feast your eyes on mountain views seen exclusively from Moody Cove. No where else can you be soaring on a zip line — high above the forest floor — and take a look to your left and see this view. It’s pretty spectacular. The combination of ziplining action coupled with jaw dropping beauty is something we’re certain you won’t soon forget.
3) You like the idea of ziplining, but you’re just not. quite. sure. Well, here’s the good news: The Navitat Asheville zip line canopy tour, though one of the most ambitious courses in the industry, is perfect for first-time zipliners. Our tour gradually introduces you to the experience of zipping, with shorter zip lines closer to the ground at the beginning of the tour. We pride ourselves in having the most highly trained guide staff in the industry, and we’re not new to this gig. Our core course management team has been in the industry for years prior to launching Navitat, having joined forces to create the premier tree-based adventure company in the U.S. You’re in good hands at Navitat, and you’ll enjoy your adventure even more knowing that this is the case.
4) Whatever you do, you want to know that it’s money well spent. As guests leave our Welcome Center facility, and online, we ask two very important questions: a) Did you find Navitat to be a good value, and b) Would you recommend Navitat to friends? We’re proud to say (and we’re not exaggerating) that 99% of respondents answer “YES!” to both questions. Don’t believe us? Just check out the more than 100 five-star reviews over on Trip Advisor. All this says a lot, but so that you’ll even better understand why Navitat provides the best value of all zip line experiences available, here’s what our Asheville tour includes:
- Small, personalized groups of no more than eight guests with two highly trained guides. Other tours are known to have as many as 16 guests in one group. At Navitat, we’re committed to smaller group sizes because a lower guide-to-guest ratio increases safety AND because – simply put – you’ll have a better and more personalized experience.
- 10 zip lines. Yes, ten. And they’re all included in this one tour. In total, you’ll zip over more than one-mile of cable (5700+ feet!). The first zips start out shorter and closer to the ground so that you can get the hang of things, but by zip five you’ll find yourself soaring 205-feet above the forest floor while taking in long-range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- 2 bridges and 2 rappels. Variety is the spice of life, so we keep things interesting. Navitat’s 100% tree-based adventure allows you to explore the forest like never before — from up IN the treetops. And you won’t just zip, either. You’ll cross two suspended sky bridges and experience rappelling twice. By the end, you’re guaranteed to feel like Indiana Jones, or at least a genuine tree-lovin’, tree-huggin’ ziplining expert.
- 3 short hikes. Get those legs moving a bit, and feel the earth beneath your feet. Consider our three hikes the “warm up,” “water break” and “cool down” of your heart-pumping adventure. Each brief hike will literally bring you “back to earth” and provide moments of reflection and immersion into nature.
- An engaging, rewarding, and educational experience. In addition to providing a thrilling adventure, Navitat is committed to delivering an engaging, nature- and education-focused experience for our guests. How committed? We’re the only zip line canopy tour to have a full-time, masters-level educated Ecologist serving as our Environmental Programming Leader.
- All in a spectacular, secluded, 242-acre mountain cove. Let’s face it: When you come to the Asheville area, you’re coming to enjoy the raw, natural beauty. And if you’re going to zip line, why not do so in a place where you’ll get to really experience what makes the Southern Appalachians so special? Our home, Moody Cove, is that kind of place. And we can’t wait to share it with you.